NFL Airs Chilling Domestic Violence Super Bowl Ad (video)

Posted on Jan 29 2015 - 2:00pm by Caesar

I’m not sure if I’ll ever watch a more powerful commercial in my life. Literally sent goosebumps down my body. This is a true story based on an 911 call between a woman and a dispatcher that took place around 2004, but appeared in a Reddit thread in early 2014. News sites didn’t pick up on the story until October of that same year.

Buzzfeed caught up to the former dispatcher, Keith Weisinger, who took the call and asked for the story. Weisinger said he had been working the “graveyard shift, 6 pm-6 am” when a call came in from a woman looking for pizza. The moment he realized she was in trouble was when he asked if someone was in the room with her.

Weisinger, who now works as an environmental attorney with the United States Environmental Protection Agency, says he never caught up with the woman on the other end of the line. It’s common for that to happen, however.

In any case, the NFL has been under heavy siege all year for not handling domestic violence seriously or correctly. Sometimes I think  there attempts to show they care about domestic violence appear futile and reactionary–at least the latter–but if this commercial tells us anything, it’s that you have to start somewhere. You have to start with a 911 call. A moment of realization. That’s when you can course correct and begin the process of recovery.

6 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. ohne geld kredit online February 7, 2017 at 11:44 AM - Reply

You make a great point. Got some nice info here. I think that if more people thought about it that way, they’d have a better time get the hang ofing the issue.

2. autokredit händler November 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM - Reply

Tim and Kathy MitchamWe love eating at Wagners. We live in Tifton. I went to your website to find a listing or your days and hours. Please consider posting them on the website. “Out of towners” would find it very helpful. BTW- You have the best potato salad in the world! Tim.

3. http://www./ October 23, 2016 at 11:40 AM - Reply

Can I just say what a relief to seek out someone who truly knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know methods to bring a difficulty to light and make it important. Extra individuals must learn this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe youre no more standard since you positively have the gift.

4. http://www./ July 20, 2016 at 11:13 PM - Reply

Thanks Shona! I did struggle with how candid I should be in this blog but the fact is; I am here to help women change and to change right alongside them. That can only happen if I just lay it all out there. Thanks for your comment

5. http://www.heliplanex.com/ July 15, 2016 at 6:30 AM - Reply

kenne in meiner Nachbarschaft und in meinem Umfeld Arbeitslose, die echt keine Lust haben, sich vor jeder Bemerkung den Kopf darüber zu zerbrechen, wie ihr Nachbar sie denn nun schon wieder (miss)verstehen könnte.Denn das pflegt die – selbstredend hart arbeitende – Nachbarschaft im Zweifelsfall sowieso zu tun, weil sie schon die pure Existenz eines Arbeitslosen als unnötige Provokation begreift. Da kann man sagen, was man will.

6. Jane July 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM - Reply

The accident of finding this post has briteghned my day

Leave A Response