Roger Goodell in True Heel Mode at NFL Draft. Embraces Hate

Posted on Apr 30 2016 - 4:55pm by Caesar

You have to respect Roger #Goodell sticking it to fans at the #NFL Draft

I honestly can’t help but respect Goodell’s clear power move here. In fact, I’ll go as far to say I appreciate his willingness to finally embrace the contempt he clearly knows everyone has for him. I have to respect him for being true to himself. Sure, he’ll give hugs  to a bunch of 22-year-old rookies who basically won the lottery. He’ll smile and give handshakes to NFL Hall of Famers before they announce draft picks for their former teams. However, we all know these seemingly kind acts are for show, and Goodell has always known they’re acts. So to see him confirm, at this year’s draft, these “special”  moments are actually just PR nonsense is refreshing. It’s a screw you to political correctness. In fact, it’s kind of like Vince McMahon continuing to shove Roman Reigns in front of fans despite them, for over a year, continuing to rebel against it. McMahon is just going to do what he wants to do, and as much as I hate him for it, I have to respect the man’s self-awareness.

Further, on that note, I’m pretty certain that, at this point, Goodell is actually the heel that WWE desperately needs right now. For those of you who are wrestling fanatics, you know exactly what I mean. The WWE has two heels on their current roster who receive sincere heat. (Kayfabe heat, sure, but respectable, believable animosity because these wrestlers embrace their characters and the fans both know it and respect them for it.) Those stars are Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho. The WWE does have another star heel in the making with Roman Reigns, but they refuse to pull the trigger, and instead trot him out there to say things like “Tater Tots” and make awful jokes. If they aren’t going to turn Reigns full heel, bring in Goodell and make him the Raw GM. People would hate him, but they’d respect him. Ratings would sky rocket.

12 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. http://bestcoingenerator.pro/ April 4, 2017 at 4:03 PM - Reply

I'm with you. Competence, please. Serious competence and understanding of business, international relations, how to solve our economic problems and give American business a government they can depend on. Business will start to hire, the economy will be free to grow. Cool? No thanks.

2. http://www./ February 28, 2017 at 9:27 PM - Reply

Hi Rylee! It’s wonderful to hear from you and I am glad you are loving high school. It is an outstanding time if you are active and involved in the things high schools can offer (and if you keep organized and on top of your studies). I wish you well – Mr. Bell

3. Millicent July 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM - Reply

You’re a real deep thekrin. Thanks for sharing.

4. Derek